All our lanterns are fabricated from solid American brass, copper, or terne coated copper, non-ferrous materials guaranteed not to rust. Each fixture is cut, bent, shaped and turned by hand, using antique machinery and techniques, eliminating the artificial uniformity created by mass production techniques. Hand applied special and custom finishes including pewter, gunmetal, verdigris, bronze, antiqued, polished and lacquered brass as well as custom color painted finishes are available.
Many of our lanterns can be built for mounting on a post or wall, or suspended for hanging applications. All lanterns that utilize sheet glass are glazed with standard Pane Glass. Special options such as Mouth Blown Restoration Seeded Glass, Rippled Glass and Opalized Glass may be substituted for an additional charge.
All hanging lanterns come with two feet chain and wire standard and all mounting hardware included. Post mounted lanterns are designed to accept a standard 3" diameter round post, and are provided with mounting screws and appropriate hardware.
Dimension: 6 1/4" H • 16" W • 16" D"
- Available in smaller size as SM-LT-82-F for purchase on our website.
Shown in Basic Burnished Copper/Pane Glass.
Dimension: 6 1/2" H • 12" W • 12" D"
- Available in larger size as SM-LT-81-F for purchase on our website.
Shown in Special Antiqued Brass/Blown Seeded Glass.
Dimension: 5" H • 10" W • 10" L"
This classic square fixture is both beautiful and functional with a shallow ceiling projection. Can be used in mudrooms and hallways as well as covered porches and walkways.
Shown in Special Darkened Terne/Seeded Glass.
Dimension: 6 1/2" H • 14" W • 21" D"
This classic diamond shape fixture is both beautiful and functional with a shallow ceiling projection. Can be used in mudrooms and hallways as well as covered porches and walkways.
Shown in Special Verdigris/Rippled Glass.
Dimension: 6 1/4" H • 16" W • 16" D"This classic octagonal fixture is both beautiful and functional with a shallow ceiling projection. Can be used in mudrooms and hallways as well as covered porches and walkways.
- Available in smaller size as SM-LT-87-F (H. 6 1/4" x W. 12 1/2" x L. 12 1/2"). Please call to order.
Shown in Basic Burnished Brass/Pane Glass.
Dimension: 6 1/4" H • 16" W • 16" D"
Available without silhouettes, this whimsical and functional fixture is a welcome addition to any room in the house.
Shown in Special Darkened Terne/Rippled Glass.
Dimension: 21 1/2" H • 14" Diam.
Federalist lantern design, circa 1789-1801, emphasizing straight lines and simple ornament.
- Available in larger size as SM-LT-2-H (33" H. x 22" Diam.)
- Available for post mount and wall mount applications,
Shown in Basic Burnished Copper w/ Pane Glass and optional "S" link chain.
All our lanterns are hand-made to your specifications, and are well worth the wait. Please expect 4-6 weeks for delivery.Learn More
Dimension: 11" H • 9" Diam.
This onion globe fixture is an ever popular classic. Available in wall, post or hanging models, our version of the antique railroad and nautical lantern is also offered in 3 sizes. We use a domestic optic crystal glass made in West Virginia and surround it with a sturdy brass cage that is shaped and silver soldered here in our Vermont workshops.
- Cage, Top Loop, and Wireway are Brass.
- Available in 2 larger sizes as SM-LT-14-H (Dimensions: H. 14" Diam. 11 1/2") and SM-LT-15-H (Dimensions: H. 17" Diam. 13 1/2"). Please call to order.
Shown in Special Antique Copper
Dimension: 15" H • 10" Diam.
The subtle interior ribbing adds a watery ripple to the light from our round glass globe in this traditional railroad or nautical style lantern. The ribbed glass of these lanterns offers an elegant alternative to the "onion" style globe.
- Cage, top loop and chain are brass
- Optional single Edison Base socket available
- Available for wall mount and post mount applications.
- Available in smaller size as SM-LT-16-H (Dimensions: H. 12" Diam. 8" and in larger size as SM LT-18-H (Dimensions: H. 21" Diam. 14") Call to order.
Shown in Basic Burnished Copper.