All our lanterns are fabricated from solid American brass, copper, or terne coated copper, non-ferrous materials guaranteed not to rust. Each fixture is cut, bent, shaped and turned by hand, using antique machinery and techniques, eliminating the artificial uniformity created by mass production techniques. Hand applied special and custom finishes including pewter, gunmetal, verdigris, bronze, antiqued, polished and lacquered brass as well as custom color painted finishes are available.
Many of our lanterns can be built for mounting on a post or wall, or suspended for hanging applications. All lanterns that utilize sheet glass are glazed with standard Pane Glass. Special options such as Mouth Blown Restoration Seeded Glass, Rippled Glass and Opalized Glass may be substituted for an additional charge.
All hanging lanterns come with two feet chain and wire standard and all mounting hardware included. Post mounted lanterns are designed to accept a standard 3" diameter round post, and are provided with mounting screws and appropriate hardware.
Dimension: 10 1/4" H • 6 1/2" Diam.Available in two sizes, the SM LT-8-H is loosely based on an early nautical light provided by the ships chandlers. The rods protect the glass cylinder from accidental breakage. Today this functional form is both stylish and transitional. Its classic form compliments home styles as diverse as the New England Cape, Federalist, Farmhouse, or Arts and Crafts bungalow.
- Available on our website in larger size as wall mounted SM-LT-7-H. Call to order larger size in other applications.
- This fixture is available in wall and post mount applications.
- Edison Based Socket 100W maximum.
Shown in Special Gunmetal.
Dimension: 20" H • 11 1/2" Diam.
A triangular pendant lamp, unadorned and with small ball feet in the Federalist style. Also available with fretwork at the roof. This is the historic and refined lantern that hung in the hallways of the affluent homes of New England.
- Available in a smaller size as SM-LT-21-H ( 15" H. x 9 1/4" Diam.) Please call to order.
- Available with or without fretwork at roof. (see SM LT-3-H)
- Available for wall mount applications.
Shown in Basic Burnished Brass/Pane Glass.
Dimension: 16 1/2" H Ç®Õå¢ 5 1/2" W Ç®Õå¢ 5 1/2" D
This Authentic Designs fixture is an exact replica of a lantern in the collections of the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. Crafted in 1859 in Proctorsville, VT, an original brought to us for repair hangs on the porch of Augustus St. Gaudens home in Cornish, New Hampshire.
- "S" Link Chain only
Shown in Basic Terne/Rippled Glass.
Dimension: H. 16 • W. 10 1/2" • D. 6""
Federalist lantern design between 1780 - 1830. The original hexagonal lantern was brought to us by a client in Rhode Island.
- Also available in hanging and post mount applications.
Shown in Basic Terne/Pane Glass.
Dimension: 15" H • 6 3/4" W • 7 1/2" D"
A beautifully built reproduction of an early American colonial tin lantern. The original can be found at Colonial Williamsburg. An unusual and distinctive traditional lantern, owing to the forward pitch of the lantern body and the elliptical side and top arches.
Shown in Special Darkened Terne/Pane Glass.
Dimension: 19" H • 7" W • 10 1/2" D"
The original model for this wall mounted lantern came from a brick Federalist era home in Hudson, NY. A tapered body and backplate with the graceful arched bracket strap give this light a distinctive appeal.
- Edison base socket 100W maximum
- Vase cap and wireway are brass
Shown in Basic Burnished Copper/Rippled Glass.
Dimension: 29" H • 14 3/4" W • 15 1/2" D"
An Arts and Crafts Mission Style lantern available in wall mounted.
- Customized smaller size available (H. 18" x W. 7" x D. 10" ) Call to order.
- Also available for hanging applications in both sizes. Call to order.
Shown in Special Darkened Terne/Rippled Glass.
Dimension: 12" H • 7" W • 4 1/2" D"The double arched roof design dates back to early European models. The curved hood was designed to allow heat to escape.
- Cross bars and mounting button are brass
- Available in other sizes and as post mount or hanging.
- Also available as a table lamp
Shown in Basic Burnished Copper/Pane Glass.
Dimension: 13 1/2" H • 7 3/4" W • 6 3/4" D"The double arched roof design dates back to early European models. The curved hood was designed to allow heat to escape.
- Cross bars and mounting button are brass.
- Available in other sizes and applications.
- Also available as a table lamp as SM-TL-551
Shown in Basic Burnished Brass/Seeded Glass. This fixture has developed a darkened patina. Our Basic Burnished Brass is left open and will darken over time.
Dimension: 21 1/2" H • 11 3/4" W • 9 3/4" D"The double arched roof design dates back to early European models. The curved hood was designed to allow heat to escape.
- Comes standard with cross bars and mounting button in brass.
- Shown with optional flat crossbars. Please inquire if customization is desired.
Shown in Special Darkened Terne w/Blown Seeded Glass.