All our lanterns are fabricated from solid American brass, copper, or terne coated copper, non-ferrous materials guaranteed not to rust. Each fixture is cut, bent, shaped and turned by hand, using antique machinery and techniques, eliminating the artificial uniformity created by mass production techniques. Hand applied special and custom finishes including pewter, gunmetal, verdigris, bronze, antiqued, polished and lacquered brass as well as custom color painted finishes are available.
Many of our lanterns can be built for mounting on a post or wall, or suspended for hanging applications. All lanterns that utilize sheet glass are glazed with standard Pane Glass. Special options such as Mouth Blown Restoration Seeded Glass, Rippled Glass and Opalized Glass may be substituted for an additional charge.
All hanging lanterns come with two feet chain and wire standard and all mounting hardware included. Post mounted lanterns are designed to accept a standard 3" diameter round post, and are provided with mounting screws and appropriate hardware.
Dimension: 13 1/4" H • 9 1/2" W • 6 1/2" D"
This Mansard style lantern has been used with great success on architectural styles ranging from Greek Revival to Post Modern Minimalist. Its clean lines will add elegance and style to any home. Can be used as interior or exterior fixture.
Shown in Special Darkened Terne/Pane Glass, Brass Top Tubing.
Dimension: 13 1/4" H • 9 1/2" W • 6 1/2" D"
Available in other sizes. See our website or call to inquire.
Shown in Basic Terne/Pane Glass, Brass Tubing.
Dimension: 14" H • 8" W • 10 1/2" D"Available in two sizes, the SM-LT-7-W is loosely based on an early nautical light provided by the ships' chandlers. The rods protect the glass cylinder from accidental breakage. Today this functional form is both stylish and transitional. Its' classic form compliments home styles as diverse as the New England Cape, Federalist, Farmhouse or Arts and Crafts bungalows.
- Available in smaller size as SM-LT-8-W (H 12" x W 6 1/2" x D 8"). Hanging fixture in this size is SM-LT-8-H, available for purchase on our website. Call to order other applications in this smaller size.
- Available in hanging and post mount applications.
- Edison Based Socket 100W maximum
Shown in Special Verdigris.
Dimension: 16 1/2" H • 8" Diam.
This hexagonal lantern's straight lines and simple ornamentation typify Federalist era furnishings. In polished brass, it is perfect for a formal hallway or landing - in our basic terne metal it will grace a country mudroom.
- Customized smaller size available as SM-LT-19-H (14" H. x 6" Diam.). Please call for pricing.
- Polished and laquered finish is available. Contact us to order.
`Shown in Basic Burnished Copper/Rippled Glass.
Dimension: 19 1/2" H • 11 1/2" Diam.
Federalist lantern design circa 1789-1801
- Available in smaller size as SM-LT-12-H (14 1/2" H. x 9 1/4" Diam.) Please call to order.
- Available without top gallery in two sizes. (SM-LT-9-H is on our website) and SM-LT-21-H ( 15" H. x 9 1/4" Diam.) Please call to order.
- Can be customized for wall mounted application. Please inquire.
- If ordering in terne or copper, top gallery, chain and wireway are brass.
Shown in Special Verdigris/Pane Glass.
Dimension: 24" H • 10 1/2" W • 10 1/2" D
Shown with optional "S" chain. Comes standard with Brass cross bars.
- Available in other sizes and applications. Please inquire.
- Pictured with our Copper Post with Brass ladder rest. Please inquire as to price.
Shown in Basic Terne/Rippled Glass.
Dimension: 22" H • 11 1/2" W • 11 1/2" D
This fixture is based on the post lantern in front of the Jonathan Ashley house in historic Deerfield, Massachusetts.
Shown with optional "S" link chain.
- Available in other sizes. Please inquire.
Shown in Basic Burnished Copper/Pane Glass.
Dimension: 16" H • 9 1/2" W • 9 1/2" D"
A classic lantern with Mansard roof. Available in a single or double light style, our Mansard series lights are perfectly proportioned.
- Available in other sizes and applications.
Shown in Special Verdigris/Seeded Glass.
Dimension: 18 1/2" H • 11" W • 11" D"This Mansard style lantern has been used with great success on architectural styles ranging from Greek Revival to Post Modern Minimalist. Its clean lines will add elegance and style to any home. Can be used as interior or exterior fixture.
- Available in other sizes
- Available in wall or post mount applications.
Shown in Special Verdigris/Blown Seeded Glass.