All our lanterns are fabricated from solid American brass, copper, or terne coated copper, non-ferrous materials guaranteed not to rust. Each fixture is cut, bent, shaped and turned by hand, using antique machinery and techniques, eliminating the artificial uniformity created by mass production techniques. Hand applied special and custom finishes including pewter, gunmetal, verdigris, bronze, antiqued, polished and lacquered brass as well as custom color painted finishes are available.
Many of our lanterns can be built for mounting on a post or wall, or suspended for hanging applications. All lanterns that utilize sheet glass are glazed with standard Pane Glass. Special options such as Mouth Blown Restoration Seeded Glass, Rippled Glass and Opalized Glass may be substituted for an additional charge.
All hanging lanterns come with two feet chain and wire standard and all mounting hardware included. Post mounted lanterns are designed to accept a standard 3" diameter round post, and are provided with mounting screws and appropriate hardware.
Dimension: 20" H • 11" W • 7 1/2" D"Classic lantern with double Mansard roof, top and bottom.
- Other sizes and mounting applications available. Check out our website or call to inquire.
Shown in Special Verdigris/Pane Glass.
Dimension: 19 1/2" H • 13 1/2" W • 7 1/4" D"
Brought to us by designer Taylor Stirling in the 1980s.
This classical Georgian style wall light has exquisite proportions to grace your front door entry.
Shown in Basic Terne/Seeded Glass.
Dimension: 13 1/4" H • 9 1/2" W • 6 1/2" D"
This Mansard style lantern has been used with great success on architectural styles ranging from Greek Revival to Post Modern Minimalist. Its clean lines will add elegance and style to any home. Can be used as interior or exterior fixture.
Shown in Special Darkened Terne/Pane Glass, Brass Top Tubing.
Dimension: 13 1/4" H • 9 1/2" W • 6 1/2" D"
Available in other sizes. See our website or call to inquire.
Shown in Basic Terne/Pane Glass, Brass Tubing.
Dimension: 14" H • 8" W • 10 1/2" D"Available in two sizes, the SM-LT-7-W is loosely based on an early nautical light provided by the ships' chandlers. The rods protect the glass cylinder from accidental breakage. Today this functional form is both stylish and transitional. Its' classic form compliments home styles as diverse as the New England Cape, Federalist, Farmhouse or Arts and Crafts bungalows.
- Available in smaller size as SM-LT-8-W (H 12" x W 6 1/2" x D 8"). Hanging fixture in this size is SM-LT-8-H, available for purchase on our website. Call to order other applications in this smaller size.
- Available in hanging and post mount applications.
- Edison Based Socket 100W maximum
Shown in Special Verdigris.
Dimension: 23 1/2" H • 12 1/8" W • 9 3/4" D
A Georgian era lantern with petalled corner ornaments and elaborate roof top ventilator.
- Post light version available as SM-LT-71-P for purchase on our website.
- Available in single light w/hurricane glass - plain or frosted
Shown in Special Darkened Terne / Seeded Glass.
$438.00Dimension: 17 1/4" H x 9" W x 10" D This onion globe fixture is an ever popular classic. Available in wall, post or hanging models, our version of the antique railroad and nautical lantern is also offered in 3 sizes. We use a domestic optic crystal glass made in West Virginia and surround it with a sturdy brass cage that is shaped and silver soldered here in our Vermont workshops. Cage, Top Loop, and Wireway are Brass. Available in 2 larger sizes as SM-LT-14-H (H. 24" X W. 11.5" X Depth 14.5") and SM-LT-15-H (H. 24" x W. 13.5" x Depth 16.5"). Please call to order. Shown in Special Darkened Terne. All our lighting fixtures are hand-made to your specifications, and are well worth the wait. Please expect 4-6 weeks for delivery. Learn More
Dimension: 21 1/2" H • 14" Diam.
Federalist lantern design, circa 1789-1801, emphasizing straight lines and simple ornament.
- Available in larger size as SM-LT-2-H (33" H. x 22" Diam.)
- Available for post mount and wall mount applications,
Shown in Basic Burnished Copper w/ Pane Glass and optional "S" link chain.
All our lanterns are hand-made to your specifications, and are well worth the wait. Please expect 4-6 weeks for delivery.Learn More
Dimension: 11" H • 9" Diam.
This onion globe fixture is an ever popular classic. Available in wall, post or hanging models, our version of the antique railroad and nautical lantern is also offered in 3 sizes. We use a domestic optic crystal glass made in West Virginia and surround it with a sturdy brass cage that is shaped and silver soldered here in our Vermont workshops.
- Cage, Top Loop, and Wireway are Brass.
- Available in 2 larger sizes as SM-LT-14-H (Dimensions: H. 14" Diam. 11 1/2") and SM-LT-15-H (Dimensions: H. 17" Diam. 13 1/2"). Please call to order.
Shown in Special Antique Copper
Dimension: 15" H • 10" Diam.
The subtle interior ribbing adds a watery ripple to the light from our round glass globe in this traditional railroad or nautical style lantern. The ribbed glass of these lanterns offers an elegant alternative to the "onion" style globe.
- Cage, top loop and chain are brass
- Optional single Edison Base socket available
- Available for wall mount and post mount applications.
- Available in smaller size as SM-LT-16-H (Dimensions: H. 12" Diam. 8" and in larger size as SM LT-18-H (Dimensions: H. 21" Diam. 14") Call to order.
Shown in Basic Burnished Copper.