Many of our lanterns can be built for mounting on a post or wall, or suspended for hanging applications. Early pieces were often made with translucent sections of horn rather than glass. All lanterns that utilize sheet glass are glazed with Basic Pane Glass. Blown Seeded Glass, Rippled Glass and Opalized Glass may be substituted for an additional charge. All hanging lanterns come with two feet chain and wire standard and all mounting hardware included.
Dimension: 5" H • 10" W • 10" L"
This classic square fixture is both beautiful and functional with a shallow ceiling projection. Can be used in mudrooms and hallways as well as covered porches and walkways.
Shown in Special Darkened Terne/Seeded Glass.
Dimension: 11" H • 9" Diam.
This onion globe fixture is an ever popular classic. Available in wall, post or hanging models, our version of the antique railroad and nautical lantern is also offered in 3 sizes. We use a domestic optic crystal glass made in West Virginia and surround it with a sturdy brass cage that is shaped and silver soldered here in our Vermont workshops.
- Cage, Top Loop, and Wireway are Brass.
- Available in 2 larger sizes as SM-LT-14-H (Dimensions: H. 14" Diam. 11 1/2") and SM-LT-15-H (Dimensions: H. 17" Diam. 13 1/2"). Please call to order.
Shown in Special Antique Copper
Dimension: 15" H • 10" Diam.
The subtle interior ribbing adds a watery ripple to the light from our round glass globe in this traditional railroad or nautical style lantern. The ribbed glass of these lanterns offers an elegant alternative to the "onion" style globe.
- Cage, top loop and chain are brass
- Optional single Edison Base socket available
- Available for wall mount and post mount applications.
- Available in smaller size as SM-LT-16-H (Dimensions: H. 12" Diam. 8" and in larger size as SM LT-18-H (Dimensions: H. 21" Diam. 14") Call to order.
Shown in Basic Burnished Copper.
Dimension: 14 1/2" H • 4 5/8" W • 4 5/8" D"
A classic lantern with Mansard roof. Available in a single or double light style, our Mansard series lights are perfectly proportioned.
Wall mounted version available as SM-LT-51-W. See our website to order online.
Shown in Basic Burnished Copper/Pane Glass.
Dimension: 10 1/4" H • 6 1/2" Diam.Available in two sizes, the SM LT-8-H is loosely based on an early nautical light provided by the ships chandlers. The rods protect the glass cylinder from accidental breakage. Today this functional form is both stylish and transitional. Its classic form compliments home styles as diverse as the New England Cape, Federalist, Farmhouse, or Arts and Crafts bungalow.
- Available on our website in larger size as wall mounted SM-LT-7-H. Call to order larger size in other applications.
- This fixture is available in wall and post mount applications.
- Edison Based Socket 100W maximum.
Shown in Special Gunmetal.
Dimension: 20" H • 11 1/2" Diam.
A triangular pendant lamp, unadorned and with small ball feet in the Federalist style. Also available with fretwork at the roof. This is the historic and refined lantern that hung in the hallways of the affluent homes of New England.
- Available in a smaller size as SM-LT-21-H ( 15" H. x 9 1/4" Diam.) Please call to order.
- Available with or without fretwork at roof. (see SM LT-3-H)
- Available for wall mount applications.
Shown in Basic Burnished Brass/Pane Glass.