Many of our lanterns can be built for mounting on a post or wall, or suspended for hanging applications. Early pieces were often made with translucent sections of horn rather than glass. All lanterns that utilize sheet glass are glazed with Basic Pane Glass. Blown Seeded Glass, Rippled Glass and Opalized Glass may be substituted for an additional charge. Post mounted lanterns are designed to accept a standard 3" diameter round collar and are provided with mounting screws and appropriate hardware.
Dimension: 34 1/2" H • 15 1/2" W • 15 1/2" D
This is an exact copy of the post lantern in front of the Jonathan Ashley house in historic Deerfield, Massachusetts.
- Shown with custom square collar.
- Overall height includes 3 1/2" length post collar.
- Available in other sizes and applications. Please call to inquire.
Shown in Special Darkened Terne w/Pane Glass.
Dimension: 27" H • 12 1/4" W • 12 1/4" D"
Based on a Philidelphia lantern from the mid to late 18th century. The originals display an amazing range of decorative rooftop detail. This fixture's classical lines compliment all styles from a Federal Farmhouse to Cape Cod Revival.
- Overall height includes 3 1/2" length post collar
- Larger size available as SM-LT-72-P (H 32" x W 12 1/4 x D 12 14"). Please call to order.
- Also available with Edison socket and frosted hurricane chimney.
Shown in Basic Burnished Copper/Rippled Glass.