Policies and FAQs
PLACING YOUR ORDER
Orders must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the website at www.authenticdesigns.com. If you are sending your own order/PO, please be sure to include the following:
- Company name
- List of products being ordered with the quantity
- Ship To address and Final Destination address, if products are being shipped to a receiver.
- Please be sure to specify if this is a second home/vacation home and there is a specific delivery window. A signature will be required at the time of delivery.
- Any side marks or shipping specifications (including a phone number for the shipping destination)
- Payment information/credit card number and Billing Address.
Once we receive your order, you will receive confirmation with the following information:
- Lead time on your products
- Every item is made to order and actual lead times can vary depending on a variety of factors. We provide estimated ship times for each product on the order information.
Shipping Lead Times:
Every piece is made to order here in our Vermont workshops. Please allow 4-6 weeks for our Rod Arm line. Please note: This does not include shipping times. Every once in a while there can be unforeseen delays and we will keep you informed on any extensions of our lead times. Please check individual fixtures for specific lead times.
Please allow 8-10 weeks for sheet metal fixtures . Please note: This does not include shipping times. Every once in a while there can be unforeseen delays and we will keep you informed on any extensions of our lead times. Please check individual fixtures for specific lead times.
Every piece is made to order here in our Vermont workshops. Please allow 12-14 weeks for our specialty handcrafted lanterns and chandeliers. This does not include shipping times. Every once in a while there can be unforeseen delays and we will keep you informed on any extensions of our lead times. Please check individual fixtures for specific lead times.
All our lights are finished by hand. As such finishes will vary between fixtures and orders. If you would like to be mailed finish samples we are happy to send you some. There may be greater variation given the particular finish you choose. Due to the nature of the process, verdigris finish, in particular, can vary from fixture to fixture. We do our very best to ensure as much uniformity within jobs as possible.
WHAT WATTAGE LIGHTBULBS CAN I USE IN AUTHENTIC DESIGNS LIGHTING?
We recommend 25 watt incandescent light bulbs for the nicest look. Most of our candelabra sockets are wired to 60 watts of incandescent light. If the socket is enclosed in a glass globe or hurricane, maximum wattage is 25 or 40 watts. Please note that LED candelabra equivalent bulbs may be used at a higher wattage. We suggest a 2700 Kelvin rating for a warmer tone. For models that have Edison style sockets, a 100 watt maximum bulb may be used. Wax sleeves are UL listed to be used with bulbs 25 watts or lower.
BUSINESS (Store or Receiving Company)
Authentic Designs ships Fedex Ground and Freight when possible.
A signature will be required.
Items are delivered in a box/pallet. The box/pallet is dropped off at the curbside (driveway, entry, etc.) Please be sure to specify if this is a second home/vacation home. A signature will be required at delivery.
Residential Small Package Ground - Indirect signature is required. Customers may leave a note for the driver to leave without signature on the first or second delivery attempt. Driver will only make three attempts for delivery. It will then be sent back to us. New shipping charges will apply.
WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY is available by request.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
As every piece is made to order. Any returns made are subject to review and:
- Are for credit only
- Must be shipped back at the customer’s expense
- Items must arrive in our warehouse in perfect condition AND in their original packaging.
- You may open and inspect an item; however, it must be re-packaged exactly the same way it was sent.
- A restocking fee of 20% of the merchandise value will be charged for all returns.
The custom item you have ordered has been modified to your specific requirements, this limits their usefulness to others therefore our exchange or refund policy does not apply.
We take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If you received a damaged or defective item please get in touch with us ASAP!
Upon receiving your shipment, please do the following:
- If you notice the box is damaged, note the damage on the delivery receipt the driver gives you to sign and notify the driver of the damage.
- Contact the claim department via email at email@example.com immediately.
- Please provide photos of all damage on the box, inside the box, and on the product itself.
- KEEP THE ORIGINAL PACKING MATERIAL. If the shipment is refused for damage, please state the reason for refusal on delivery receipt and notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations must be made to email@example.com or by phone at 802-394-7713 within 72 hours of the order being placed.